At some point all organisations will need to upgrade their computer equipment. This could be every few months, every year or longer, depending on how important it is that you keep up to date with new technology, or depending on available budgets.
But what you should do with your old or redundant IT equipment can be a challenge for many businesses, schools or other organisations. The simple answer is to simply send it all to landfill, however this is not actually as easy as it seems. Therefore recycling your redundant computer equipment is a much more appealing prospect. But what is involved in recycling your old electronics and why should you choose Buy IT Back as your IT equipment recycling specialist?
- Computers and many other types of electronic equipment are classed as hazardous waste by the UK Environmental Protection Agency and so cannot simply be sent straight to landfill, but must be disposed of following strict guidelines.
- Even though 99% of the components in most computers and other pieces of IT equipment can be recycled, large numbers of these still end up in landfill each year, which is putting a significant strain on the UK refuse strategy.
- Many of the components of redundant computer equipment can be reused in the manufacture of new IT products. This not only saves energy through the reduced manufacturing time required, but can also mean that the prices of these new products is lowered.
- Numerous of the elements required to build new IT equipment are becoming increasingly rare natural resources, therefore recycling existing elements significantly reduces the environmental impact of electronic product production.
- Many charities, start-ups, social enterprises and other smaller organisations do not have the necessary budget to buy brand new cutting edge IT equipment. However they could still do great things with an older, but still functioning models. Therefore by simply donating your old computer equipment you can be looking after the environment and doing a good thing for someone else at the same time.
- It is imperative that when disposing of your unwanted IT equipment that your data is completely, securely and professionally deleted. Even if you think that you have erased your data, in many cases traces of it can still remain. However computer recycling specialists such as Buy IT Back can guarantee to fully erase all of your data, before professionally recycling the equipment and its components.
And if that isn’t enough reason for you to trust Buy IT Back with all of your computer and IT equipment recycling requirements – we will also pay you for the privilege!
As we are able to reuse and recycle the vast majority of all of your redundant electronics we are able to buy your old computers and IT equipment off you, thus offsetting some of the cost of your upgrade.
So to find out more about how computer recycling with Buy IT Back is the right choice for you and your organisation, contact us today.